Jump to content

RGK Detailing

Members
  • Posts

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RGK Detailing

  1. Hi Folk's I treated my runaround Clio to its Winter Protection on Thursday, its very important the paint work is perfectly clean and free of contamination before applying Body Wrap, so the car was washed, De tarred, iron deposits removed with Iron x, then given a full ipa wipedown to ensure the previous lsp was removed (the car was clayed and machine polished a month ago so this wasn't needed again so soon). I prepped the paint surface with Werkstat prime Acrylic, then applied two coats of Wolf's Body Wrap, leaving an hour in between, all plastic trim protected with Trim Coat and glass sealed with Glass Guard, the trim was already in good condition and very clean after last months detail, so took well to a coat of Trim Coat, leaving a very nice satin finish (unlike my van which required several coats to soak into the dried out plastic arches) I have to say I'am very impressed with how easy the products are to use, and how little you need to use, but most of all the slick feel of the paint finish and water sheeting behaviour of all surfaces of my car now! :thumb: some pic's after I completed the treatment in Thursday afternoon. Loving the glassy look to the paint finish after applying Body Wrap :thumb: Here is how the car looked yesterday after completing a 30 mile journey on wet roads. Not the best pic's,but only a few very small water marks on top of the tailgate after the journey. and a quick video showing the impressive water sheeting abilities of the sealant, the video was taken after the journey Some beading pics for you. And my van... This was applied a week ago I'am currently offering Winter Protection Treatments like this from £100 Cheers for looking Richard
  2. Hi Scobie I'm based in Lanarkshire, but also cover Edinburgh and Falkirk, I haven't had dealings with any body shops near you s can't comment. Give me a call or drop me an email if you would like more information about the Detailing services I offer. info@rgkdetailing.com 07500903249 www.rgkdetailing.com Richard
  3. Do you have any pic's of the defects? best product I'm finding for filling light scratches is Chemical Guy's EZ Creme Glaze. Richard
  4. Cheers for the comments guy's, I really enjoy what I do Thats my 2000 Mondeo ST200 in the background, currently hibernating in my garage untill I decide if I'm selling it or not lol. The Paintwork Correction on the Mondeo cost the owner £300, will be £270 for anyone who books before the end of August. Richard
  5. Hi folk's This is a 2005 Mondeo ST TDCI that was booked in for a full three day Paintwork Correction Detail, to remove the mass of swirls and scratches robbing the paint finish of its true clarity. Some before shots Foamed with G101. Intricate areas receiving attention. After a thorough wash and de tar, all paintwork and glass is clayed. Wheels cleaned in multiple stages. After a final rinse and towel dry this how the paintwork looks in direct summer afternoon sunlight! this is the results of a few trips to the local hand car wash. Wash marring giving the paint finish a dull grey appearance. Ok into the garage and taped up ready for machining. Few paint measurements taken. Before Paintwork Correction. After Paintwork Correction (still to be refined) Before. After. A pillar before. A pillar corrected. Front wing before. Front wing after. Bonnet before. Bonnet after. Time to sort out that scratched rear end. Before. 50/50. Deep scratches and swirls removed. Nice flake popping through even in low light Rear bumper after 3 stage correction. Leading edge of the boot. Offside door before. Offside door after. Quarter panel before. After. 50/50 on nearside rear door. Corrected. After machine work all paintwork was refined and burnished with a 3M blue finishing pad and Megs 205, waxed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro with a final wipedown of Zaino Z8, plastics dressed, windows polished, wheels sealed, and tyres dressed. And the end result on day three, scroll down for direct sun shots just before the delighted owner picked the car up. A very enjoyable car to work on, and the owner was delighted with the finish! Thanks for reading Richard http://www.rgkdetailing.com
×
×
  • Create New...