Fitting guide/instruction for HKS Speed Defencer?

rickya

I know this topic has been covered before & apparently a couple of people have got hold of them but Iv pm'd them but no response (may not be members anymore?) & no instructions posted up anywhere. Could anyone please help out with fitting guide (mine is a manual JDM), you could either email/post or fax if possible please. I will also scan & post up here for anyone to use for future. Im hoping one of the members who are perfomance retailers may be able to help etc. Also is it easy for me to do myself or can I toast the ECU if I try!!?

(ps Bedofrd Aerodrome here I come :yahoo: )

Thanks,

Ricky

email: ricky@hindeshotel.com

fax (0044) 20 8424 0673

I know this topic has been covered before & apparently a couple of people have got hold of them but Iv pm'd them but no response (may not be members anymore?) & no instructions posted up anywhere. Could anyone please help out with fitting guide (mine is a manual JDM), you could either email/post or fax if possible please. I will also scan & post up here for anyone to use for future. Im hoping one of the members who are perfomance retailers may be able to help etc. Also is it easy for me to do myself or can I toast the ECU if I try!!?

Thanks,

Ricky

fax (0044) 20 8424 0673

Will forward them this evening.

Please do not post the istructions on the forum or I will be in serious trouble, only supposed to give out these with UK dealer supplied units, I am doing everyone a favour here, if you pass it on to others privately no problem but must not become public.

Please do not post the istructions on the forum or I will be in serious trouble, only supposed to give out these with UK dealer supplied units, I am doing everyone a favour here, if you pass it on to others privately no problem but must not become public.

ok phil, understand :)

Thanks,

Ricky

fax (0044) 20 8424 0673

You mean to say, you've had your zed all this time and its been limited :scare::surrender:

You mean to say, you've had your zed all this time and its been limited :scare::surrender:

:blush::blush::blush::teeth: I know sad !

I remember I was on a "private road/track" & my brother in law was in his new 997 Carrera S, I was prettty much keeping up all the way till my engine revs hit some kind wall & kept comming down, I though Id busted the gearbox :scare: Suffice to say he had long gone by the time I had realised what had happened, not much I could have done anyway. Ah well may have to have round two now :thumbs:

Got my HKS speed defencer today from Joe aka "Vesitas" ! :yahoo: Thanks mate :D

Fitting it in about a week, will try & post install pics

Got mine today. Would love to see pics of your wiring before I do mine :teeth:

The 4 speed signal wires look self explanatory (cut the 2 wires from the ECU and the appropriate colour attaches to each cut end), but I'm not 100% clear about the power and earth wires.

From the UK guide, it would appear that the power and earth are just piggybacked off of the 2 existing wires without breaking them?

Can anyone please confirm? :please:

DJ Dunk I looked into it today & spoke to Chris @ JDM/Funkystyling who was very helpful & went to my local auto electrician mate whos gona do it on Monday. Looks quite simple really, maybe 45 min job. The HKS instructions show the side of the ECU, which is a bit misleading as you have to splice the wires in the plug that connects into the ECU. i.e you have to look at the ECU diagram to see which wire (from the plug) plugs into the ECU socket & splice that wire in the plug. So you actually work backwards from the ECU to the plug wire.

Also found this very useful faq by Techonsquare on how to access the ECU (no need to remove it though for fitting Speed Defencer)

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350ZECUremoval.htm

&

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/manuals/350Z_-_G35_ECU_Removal_Instructions_for_ECU_Flash.pdf

I havent got to the ECU yet (will do on Monday), but it seems you just splice the plug's wires (which connects into ECU, corresponding positions as on HKS diagram refer to corresponding wires on plug). So for power & earth you have two seperate wires on plug to splice & connect two seperate wires from HKS SLD (one power & one earth).

Did you recieve the HKS fitting diagram I emailed DJ DUnk?

Yes, got the diagram thanks :) Those wires were the only vague ones in the pdf.

If you look at the diagram the black wire is bridged, but has an X to signify a cut, the red wire does not. Just couldn't understand why there is a difference, when surely they should be the same.

Could just be a printing error.