Worrying times for the lambo drivers

stevie_350z

Guest prescience
i just might do that! starting to get an idea for what's feasible down here - Bracknell way is what I'm looking at, some nice properties down here for between 300/350...

If you can, I would recommend with all my might, that you try to avoid Bracknell itself and the housing estates there-around. Binfield, Warfield and the like are good options - Bracknell is a fair enough place to work (not that you do need it for that) but not a place to live IMO.

Problem, as you know is, is that at those prices, your money doesn't buy you a great deal

Guest prescience
aye, been looking at binfield etc.. Is Bracknell that bad? I live in Staines at the moment and it has good and bad bits - I'm in a good bit near the river... I reckon Bracknell is similar... like most English towns... - what's so bad about Bracknell and the "estates"... any stories?

You're right of course, all towns are good and bad and my experiences are from a few years ago now; the estates will all have settled down now and perhaps my view is clouded by past prejudices. I can say, that if it were me, I'd be stretching finances to be in the villages around and about, some of which are lovely. Wokingham is a good town too - but pricey for sure

I reckon Bracknell is similar... like most English towns... - what's so bad about Bracknell and the "estates"... any stories?

Bracknell is lovely :lol:

Suggest you wander around the High St or Princes Square after dark and see what you think. Why do you imagine that Oracle, SeeBeyond, Met Office, etc, etc choose to move out??? Come back in 10 years if the refurb gets off the ground. Now you could look at Ascot, Sunninghill, Virginia Water, but then your 350k won't go far :)

There is a never fail check for the quality of medium size English towns and it goes like this - check out the restaurants in the middle of town...

* Premier League - several high quality chains like Est Est Est or maybe even a Conran-a-like gastro pub

* 1st Division - Ask, Cafe Rouge, etc

* 2nd Division - Pizza Express, Cafe Nero, etc

* Ryman's Premier - Pizza Hut

* Sunday Pub League - McDonalds

...guess what you'll find in Bracknell :lol:

I reckon Bracknell is similar... like most English towns... - what's so bad about Bracknell and the "estates"... any stories?

Bracknell is lovely :lol:

Suggest you wander around the High St or Princes Square after dark and see what you think. Why do you imagine that Oracle, SeeBeyond, Met Office, etc, etc choose to move out??? Come back in 10 years if the refurb gets off the ground. Now you could look at Ascot, Sunninghill, Virginia Water, but then your 350k won't go far :)

There is a never fail check for the quality of medium size English towns and it goes like this - check out the restaurants in the middle of town...

* Premier League - several high quality chains like Est Est Est or maybe even a Conran-a-like gastro pub

* 1st Division - Ask, Cafe Rouge, etc

* 2nd Division - Pizza Express, Cafe Nero, etc

* Ryman's Premier - Pizza Hut

* Sunday Pub League - McDonalds

...guess what you'll find in Bracknell :lol:

Pregnant teenagers! :lol:

aye, been looking at binfield etc.. Is Bracknell that bad? I live in Staines at the moment and it has good and bad bits - I'm in a good bit near the river... I reckon Bracknell is similar... like most English towns... - what's so bad about Bracknell and the "estates"... any stories?

yep Bracknell is THAT bad - I live in Binfield and you can have mine for £600k if you fancy it

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: