Weird revs during acceleration

Twi6453

Hi guys I am going to post this in forum but thought I'd ask on here driving back from work today as I put my foot down on the accelerator the Rev meter shoots up a 1000rpm then shoots back down then starts climbing I'm guessing the clutch is going but want to confirm it

Sounds like the clutch, stick it on an incline and put it in third and floor it see what happens...if the revs go up and drop back and you dont make rapid progress then clutch is slipping. PM one of the traders like Clarks or similar who can sort out a replacement (and be prepared for a bit of open wallet surgery!)

• Like 1

my test is full throttle in 5th or 6th when on a dual carriage way, you'll be able to tell pretty quick if the clutch is slipping as the revs will shoot up but the car wont go any faster.

however, as it shot up and then immediately back down again it might have been a momentary loss of traction? i find that when a clutch starts slipping the only option is to back off the throttle, it wouldnt drop back down on its on.