smoking brakes

reeces555

Call me paranoid but I'd rather get all niggles sorted under warrenty......testing the brakes out after buying the zed today I pressed hard on the brakes from motorway speeds and when getting out the front passenger brake especially was smoking and smelling of burning is this normal?

That's an emergency stop to me mate not really every day braking if the car has sat for a while possible that the pad is tight in calliper im going to say this again don't let your z bite you in the ass take it easy and get to know the car.

Has the car recently been cleaned? Could be some product on the discs being burnt off.

My old Type R used to cook brakes, but only if I was driving like a total bell end or on track.

thats a good point actually mate the car was given full bmw clean and alloy refurb prior to collection.

That's an emergency stop to me mate not really every day braking if the car has sat for a while possible that the pad is tight in calliper im going to say this again don't let your z bite you in the ass take it easy and get to know the car.

I was sat trying to think how to explain the hard braking...emergency stop are the words I couldnt think of. Def not everyday braking but like I said wanted to try them out rather than find out in 4 months they were faulty. Thanks for your help mate