P1273 on its own

Posidrive

Engine warning came on at the weekend after she had not been run for a week. I cleared the error code and it had not reappered after 30 mile drive to work this morning, but from what I have seen after trawling the Internet I should not be surprised if it returns within the next 30 miles or so :(

My OBDC reader shows only code P1273 which appears to be caused by one of:

- Faulty Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 Bank 1

- Faulty Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 heater Bank 1

- Fuel pressure

- Faulty Fuel injector

- Intake air leaks

- Faulty Air Flow Meter

I have also seen some posts that it could be a crack in the exhaust system or even worse in the cat :(

So, a number of questions come to mind (Forgive my ignorance):

- Which is the more likley (probably grabbing at straws, but...). 125k on the clock if that helps.

- Are the AFR sensors the Lamda/O2 sensors?

- If so, where is sensor 1, bank 1? From what I understand we have 4 sensors (front/rear and left/right). She is a 2005 manual.

- Are the sensor and heater integrated or separate items?

I also saw one post that inticated that this could be caused by running too long on cruise control (don't ask!!!!!! It was an early morning trip to the airport prior to not being used for a week and I didn't want to arrive too early.

Other possible factor that may be related are that I had just changed out a dirty air filter (standard) and had run a bottle of cat cleaner through her a couple of weeks before. This had removed a bit of lag int he throttle response and also got rid of the occasional smell of bad eggs

I had the same code and even after clearing it using Dashcommand it kept returning even after replacing the front sensor bank 1. It was only after leaving the battery off over night that it stayed clear. Have you checked for air leaks?

I had the same code and even after clearing it using Dashcommand it kept returning even after replacing the front sensor bank 1. It was only after leaving the battery off over night that it stayed clear. Have you checked for air leaks?

Not checked for air leaks yet. Any ideas where the most likely culprits for a leak might be?

Did you clear the self learning after replacing the sensor. I suspect that disconnecting the battery overnight might have the same effec6t.

No I disconnected the battery after removing and refitting the air intake. I still had the CEL when I swapped out my sensor and cleared the code, the CEL just kept coming back.

Do you have an induction kit fitted? If so, take your air intake off and make sure its all nice and tight when you refit it, my money is on a small air leak some where, and it will more than likely be around the throttle body.