Centre console & door pulls

Mattle40

Well the standard material doesn't seem to last very long anyway but that looks really good for a spray can job I'm definately going to be having a go at this so I'm assuming you just rubbed down all the trim with sandpaper to smooth it over then primed it, then gave it 3 or 4 coats of black spray paint and then 1 or 2 coats of laquer.

Ash

I can't honestly remember how many coats it got but yes there was a lot of prep and I really took my time with very light coats etc, the parts were off my car 8 days, it's not perfect by any means but you've got to look very closely to spot any flaws. It's not my first rodeo tho I'v had experience with spray cans before so fancy my chances of a decent finish on most projects, don't think I'd tackle a body panel tho. And thanks for all the comments 👠glad everyone seems to like it. I think it's really made the inside like a new car.

• 2 months later...

Yes I did aim to remove as much texture as possible then used a filler primer to cover the last of it. By a happy coincidence tho, in certain light and certain angles the texture shows through a little. Completely unintended but I like it lol

Edited by Mattle40