Nearside Front Wing

Fordie1971

I've got rust on my nearside front wing and so I see my options as being:

- get an original new one from Nissan which is going to be expensive

- buy a non genuine wing for around £75-£90 but I hear they can fit badly and be prone to corrosion (has anyone bought one for a 350z that's been ok?)

- buy a second hand one from a breakers yard for around £125-£150, but there'd be every chance that it would be suffering from wear and tear and be on the way to being corroded.

So there's risks with both the 2 cheaper options

Having the original wing treated isn't an option due to the corrosion being from inside to out and too far gone (not covered by warranty either), but that's another story.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advise on which would be the best option.

Thanks

Craig

Nissan have quoted £310.43 for the wing. £130 labour and £190 materials so this isn't looking like an option so has anyone got a gunmetal grey (W2) nearside front wing in good condition for sale?. The ones' I've seen on breakers yards so far are silver and would still need spraying, as would non genuine ones so I'm leaning towards a secondhand one. I've got the MOT and service next month and the roof needs a re-spray,and there's rust on the back arches that needs sandblasting, treating and spraying (and a small piece cutting out and a patch welding. So reluctant to buy the front wing new from Nissan when there are other issues. So if anyone's got one please drop me a PM, or wants to advise on what to do 'I'd appreciate it.