Buzz/vibrate noise always at 2000rpm all gears

Sitruz

Hi all

I'm going to take my 05 350Z in to the guys at Nissan for them to have a look at because I'm getting this weird vibrate type noise in every gear, when accelerating, at exactly 2000rpm.

It only just started happening, but as you can imagine it's one of those things that's very annoying and eats away at you.

I had the car from brand new but I do not do very many miles at all so I'll find it hard to believe I've worn / broken something. If anything I'm more likely to have underworn it! :)

Has anyone heard of anything like this occuring? Any suggestions that I can offer to the service guys at Nissan? I have a feeling if I go to them without ammunition I will get fobbed off.

Thanks guys.

S.

I had something similar with my 350 a while back. Always around 2000rpm, high pitched vibrating annoying noise, thought it was a heat shield just moved slightly, turned out to be correct. If it is, certainly not a major.

Let us know how you get on.

I know this sounds odd, but is it kind of a nasal kind of buzz/vibration noise, high pitched but not shrill, quite loud??? And doesn't drop off until you are over 2000rpm, but only occurs around 2000rpm, sounds like it's coming from the exhaust?? I don't mean the tips either, nearer to the gearbox. ;)

could be a heat sheild, but, more likely it is comign from INSIDE the Y-pipe that is yes, under the gear shifter area. Theres nowt u can do about it though as its an airflow characteristic that is causing the buzzing/rasp. I have decats on my car and its VERY noisy around that 2000rpm mark. Ive had the car up on jacks and everything but it really is just a resonate rasp thing which i can do nothing about.

Try heatshield first though