Speed bump regulations...

JoshC

I decided to just leave it by the side of the road!!! It's now raining badly and she is now moaning about walking in the rain! She then decides to come out with the worst one liner known to man!!!! "Why do you have a silly car that can't even get over a little bump"

To cut a long story short first impressions where terrible, soaking wet and I don't think any of them could understand my pain! Me and her nearly fell out!!

I can't understand why you didn't tell her you needed to lose a bit of weight in the car to clear the bumps and ask her to walk the last 1/4 mile and you'd meet her there?? Simple, seems to me you didn't think it through. :-S

• Like 1

I decided to just leave it by the side of the road!!! It's now raining badly and she is now moaning about walking in the rain! She then decides to come out with the worst one liner known to man!!!! "Why do you have a silly car that can't even get over a little bump"

To cut a long story short first impressions where terrible, soaking wet and I don't think any of them could understand my pain! Me and her nearly fell out!!

I can't understand why you didn't tell her you needed to lose a bit of weight in the car to clear the bumps and ask her to walk the last 1/4 mile and you'd meet her there?? Simple, seems to me you didn't think it through. :-S

Hahaha that's very true :D

I think you might have a case - in the same way that if you get caught drifting in a Tesco carpark you get nicked despite it being "private", if there is open access to this speedbump then it should also be considered as public.

I also have a very good mate who works for Highways that Ive been through this with previously, give me the dimensions and Ill run it by him and see what he says. :thumbs:

Not had a chnace to measure this weeken but when I do I'll post the results if you could be so kind to ask his opinion! Cheers mate! :D

@vodoo + gman Yeah when I read that I thought it wasn't as simple as just 1 straightforward measurement! Never is, is it! No doubt if I did even get as far as getting them to do something they'd find a technical way around it :(

Bloke with sports car complaining about speed humps is unlikely to generate much sympathy.

Is it the black plastic strip under the car just behind the lip that catches? If so I believe some people have removed them.

I don't object to traffic calming measures but I have noticed that by far the worst drivers around our way are the mummy's racing their little cherubs to school. A lot of them drive hefty 4x4s that sail straight over the local speed humps without having to slow down at all.

Yeah I realised I wouldn't get much symptahy hence whey I made no mention of the car in my email, just that it was a standard car and that it also happened in my old 'standard' car ;)