Power steering solenoid valve - modified?

MaticICE

Hello, I recently bought used 350z (EU 2006 221kw) with 86000 km on the clock. I have changed oil and filters next day just to be sure. And than after one month strange sound was coming from the engine and I think it was somewhere around power steering pump. After closer inspection I noticed that the levels for power assist steering was well below COLD MIN (the car was cold and out side was 0°C). When I got home I added fluid and the strange sound was gone. I quickly got to mechanic and changed both drive belts and power steering fluid.

Service:

When mechanic looked at the bottom he saw that power steering solenoid valve was strangely modified in his opinion

IMG_20150123_110310_zpsdefa41e1.jpg

The holes for valve ware badly welded with tiny holes and also no cable was found

IMG_20150123_110306_zps0c521e1a.jpg

He changed seal on both valves and added fluid.

IMG_20150123_110443_zps55e447f2.jpg

He than checked and the power steering control unit was where it should be, but again no cable to be found.

When I got home after hard testing, hard acceleration (to the rev limit) and hard turning I checked fluid level and it was again below COLD MIN and the car was hot.

My questions are:

I this normal that there is no cable and the holes are welded?

What to do if there is still leakage. I will go to him to check again if there is a leakage and I will added fluid.