Windscreen replaced

Nick350z

Had this done yesterday after I'd taken a 40mm round (aka a stone) to the drivers side back on Christmas Day. I went for a replacement as opposed to a repair as the screen had other chips and marks on it so thought I'd just get the whole thing done. What a difference though - I feel like I'm seeing the world in HD now!

What I didn't realise was just how much work was involved in the changeover - all the scuttle trim, wipers, door/roof trim on both sides along the car...he was there about 3 hours doing the whole thing! Interestingly enough it had developed a leak in heavy rain and upon inspection he found the original (or at least I'm presuming it was original) screen was barely attached at the top with any sealant and pretty much just lifted back with very little effort.

He did a top job though and it's really freshened the car up a lot so I'm well pleased with it - and no more leaks either! £90 excess on my policy and Auto Windscreens did the job in case anyone needs similar.

Just thought I'd share that with you all :-)

3 a bit excessive then? He was taking his time making sure everything was spot on, and I wasn't in a rush - so I'm happy. I couldn't get it done through Autoglass as my insurer doesn't use them which I found weird - but whatever.

Yes it makes a huge difference - I can't believe how pitted and marked my old screen was compared to the new one.