Sorry... repeat question.. but anyone fitted a Sony XAV601BT?

Lyndzzz

Hi folks

I know this keeps coming up and I'm sorry to ask the same old question, but it's not my fault! ;)

I got the unit, http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/XAV-601BT/list rear view camera and bought the incartec fitting kit. I have fitted HU's in the past but they've been easy plug and play and I've read a lot of the threads re HU upgrades for zed and decided I didn't want to tackle this install so got an audio fitter to install today, he said he has worked on 350Z's before.

Anyway, it's in, camera works great, but you guessed it, I've no sound from the rear with the added issue of no sound when taking a BT call, the front speakers work fine. It's not the end of the world and the guy's coming back at the end of next week but I was wondering if anyone has fitted this unit before? If so was there any need to "mess" with the wiring? The fitter was adamant it should be just plug in the loom and away we go!

Does anyone have any ideas if he should have spliced/changed any of the connections before installation?

On the plus side, it looks cool :D

Thanks for any help/advice :thumbs:

Watching with interest, as I've just picked up one of these second hand. My centre console is off at the dippers at the moment, so was hoping to take advantage and wire this bad boy up.

Plugged in the generic 5-wire plug and it powers up etc, so I figure I just need to marry up the 8 speaker wires and the amp cable that's all on it's own - poor thing. I'll keep you posted with any developments if I manage to do it this weekend.

You're right though - it is a mighty fine looking HU.

There is a thread on here ,I think buster mod it is called to improve the loudness on aftermarket head units.

Thanks, I'm familiar with the thread, but there's nothing wrong with the volume per se, there just isn't any from the rear speakers.

Watching with interest, as I've just picked up one of these second hand. My centre console is off at the dippers at the moment, so was hoping to take advantage and wire this bad boy up.

Plugged in the generic 5-wire plug and it powers up etc, so I figure I just need to marry up the 8 speaker wires and the amp cable that's all on it's own - poor thing. I'll keep you posted with any developments if I manage to do it this weekend.

You're right though - it is a mighty fine looking HU.

Thanks Ian, I'm under the impression, he married everything up, but possibly has plugged something in incorrectly! I'm tempted to have a quick look myself, but don't want to mess around for fitter to say he's not at fault cos I've interfered with the wiring/unit!

Hope all goes well with your fitting, appreciate any feedback you may have :thumbs:

The unit is good and the sound from the front is good, the mirrorlink feature is really good, I'm really pleased with it, will be over the moon when it's all up and running properly

Hi Lyndz,

Had a bash today. Basically did what's detailed in Buster's mod and all is well. Married all 8 of the speaker wires up (colour to colour), plugged in the blue to blue for the amp and the others just plugged straight in (power etc). The sound is good, in all 4 speakers and the bass is strong.

Didn't fit it properly haven't got my centre console back, but happy it's all working as it should.

No I didn't Im afraid. Had to call it a day as I was losing light. I just made sure I had the basics - power and sound.

Think I need another steering wheel stalk, as my last HU was an Alpine. Hopefully gonna spend this weekend on the car as I'll have my dipped bits back, so should be able to fit it all.

Also need to take my door card off as the window motor is playing up :bang:

Cheers Lyndz. I could do with the owners manual as the only one I have is in French, German and Dutch! :lol:

I've found one online though - I'll just have to print it at work when no one's looking :teeth:

Glad you know what to do Ian as I have one of these to go in

Conveniently your just down the road ;)

Rob

PS I have a manual on cd in English (well American English) if you want a copy

Edited by zxrob