Fuse size battery to amp

liamgdr

Im currently working on a complete I.C.E install for my zed, I have bought all my equipment just need to sort a wiring kit out.

I have 2 amps, 409 wrms + 648 wrms = 1057wrms total.

Taking the length of cable into account I believe a 4 gauge will be sufficient, if i was to add more power in the future I would definitely go a bit thicker but I can't see any reason why I would need it.

According to a guide I've found, an estimate on the max amps I may draw is 153a, does this mean I should use an similar rated fuse? Most 4awg wiring kits offer fuses in the region of 60-80a, would there be any complications with swapping the fuse out for a higher one?

If so what size fuse should I get?

Cheers, Liam.

Edited by liamgdr

I was running 1000rms and the suitable fuse for the 4awg, but now running 1,800rms with the same fuse but still off one amp and having no issues.

Possibly because you're running two amps a larger fuse will be needed. Size I can't help with though.

Im currently working on a complete I.C.E install for my zed, I have bought all my equipment just need to sort a wiring kit out.

I have 2 amps, 409 wrms + 648 wrms = 1057wrms total.

Taking the length of cable into account I believe a 4 gauge will be sufficient, if i was to add more power in the future I would definitely go a bit thicker but I can't see any reason why I would need it.

According to a guide I've found, an estimate on the max amps I may draw is 153a, does this mean I should use an similar rated fuse? Most 4awg wiring kits offer fuses in the region of 60-80a, would there be any complications with swapping the fuse out for a higher one?

If so what size fuse should I get?

Cheers, Liam.

The fuse shouldn't be sized higher than the rated current of the cable as this may cause an electrical fire, as you will end up heating the cable up before the fuse goes (if it goes).

If you let me know what amps you are going to be running I will have a look into what fuse size you will require :)

• Like 1