P1147 and P1167 codes

shad0wca7

I had a P1147 code coming up the other week, cleared it and all was well. Now today I've got P1147 and P1167, I couldn't easily see which O2 sensors these are though..

I had my cat heat shields removed about a month ago, could the wiring be fouled or is this going to be the O2 sensors themselves?

The codes are the two post cat sensors which are only used to monitor the cat for efficiency.

If you removed the heat shields it may be possible that the cats are not getting hot enough and therefore their efficiency may have lowered.

EDIT: Note: I am no expert :)

Edited by codders

I wonder if anyone else who has had to have the heat shields removed (mine were corroding) has had this issue..? Although the first time I had the P1147 code it was as soon as I turned the car on. The latest codes have been whilst driving though...

Edited by shad0wca7

Although the first time I had the P1147 code it was as soon as I turned the car on. The latest codes have been whilst driving though...

As far as I know, these sensors aren't monitored until up to normal operating temperature hence them appearing whilst already driving.

When the code first appeared was the car already warmed up?

It appears the sensors or wiring are normally at fault for these codes.

http://nissanhelp.co...147_nissan.html

Inefficiency of the cat is normally a P0420.

Edited by codders