Rear Fog Light Issue

RJF

Had this problem for a while, but I've never got around to posting about it...

Long story short, I bought the car and the rear fog was working (as far as I know), I then defogged my rear cluster and replaced the standard bulb with a red LED replacement.

I assume this is where the problem occured as when I plugged the LED in and switched the fog on nothing happened. Switched back to the old bulb and again, nothing happened.

Checked power to the bulb holder and nothing, so...

Checked the fuses under the scuttle panel and none relate to the rear fog, theres one labelled as FR FOG (we obviously don't have front fogs) and this is fine, swapped it with another and still no dice.

Anyone have any ideas as to where the fuse for the rear fog is? Or what could be the problem?

• 4 years later...
On 08/09/2014 at 11:22, RJF said:

Had this problem for a while, but I've never got around to posting about it...

Long story short, I bought the car and the rear fog was working (as far as I know), I then defogged my rear cluster and replaced the standard bulb with a red LED replacement.

I assume this is where the problem occured as when I plugged the LED in and switched the fog on nothing happened. Switched back to the old bulb and again, nothing happened.

Checked power to the bulb holder and nothing, so...

Checked the fuses under the scuttle panel and none relate to the rear fog, theres one labelled as FR FOG (we obviously don't have front fogs) and this is fine, swapped it with another and still no dice.

Anyone have any ideas as to where the fuse for the rear fog is? Or what could be the problem?

Hi RJF,

did you ever sort this problem out? 

I’m in the same boat now.