few problems since cam chain got replaced PLEASE HELP

dazzer-b

hi,

so my bro works in crewe at the nissan garage, i managed to get my cam chain tensioner done there for £25 an hour, (live in high wycombe, so well worth the trip),

since getting it back i have noticed 2 problems,

1, when the car is warm and idle its got a very slight wobbley/juddery feeling like its close to stalling, the revs stay constant at about 800rpm, it hasnt stalled just wasnt doing it before.

2, mine is a semi auto, so automatically switches down the gears, 5th to 3rd and 3rd to 1st. these work fine, but if im in slow moving traffic and get into 2nd, when i eventually come to a stop it doesnt go very smoothly into 1st, it kind of klonks or feels like i have put my foot hard on the brake for a split second.

i know most things had to come out to do the tensioner, so was hoping and praying everything was going to be fine after, my bro has asked the chap who did the job about the fault, and he said he took it for a road test after and everything was fine. i dont really want to get angry with them as my brother has to work there and its also a long drive away.

any ideas????

Edited by dazzer-b