Any known steering problems?

Schrodinger

Hi again all!

:)

I've had a quick search through the archives and can't find anything relevant, but I was wondering if there are any known faults with the power steering on the Z?

I noticed a bit of a funny thing going on with the steering on Friday, when changing direction quickly (and with vigour ;) ) the steering feels like it's sticking slightly. It still physically steers OK, just takes a bit more effort so I doubt it's anything mechanical. I suspect the power steering is failing to get enough pressure under load so I'm temporarily losing the power assistance... anyone else had this?

:wacko:

Thanks both!

The fluid level is fine, I'm not so much after a solution, more wondering if it was a common problem or not.

:)

I'm happy enough that I know it's not right (well, happy might not be the right word but you know what I mean... :blush: ) but wondering how much of a battle it'll be to get the dealer to take it seriously. This will be my first trip back with a problem and coming straight from an Alfa I'm very used to attempts at the "they all do that" fob off!!

:bangin:

The only problem I have with my steering, is going around a 270 degree highway turn with 70+ mph or highspeed 90 degree turns. Then my steering axle seems to rub on something. It might be the different headers I have which don't leave enough space for a bit of movement during extreme forces on the steering/engine.