some ifomation needed??

DANNY

Not sure if this is a daft question or not but i was wondering what makes the performance exhaust so different from the standard ones?

like the back box section is that just for the looks like the larger tail pipes or does it have something special inside.

my friend is a sh!t hot welder and is a special at tig and he recently made a full system for a friends golf turbo and he said he could make me a cat back system and modify my back box for looks but i dont know if this is goin to make any difference. iv had him make me a decat system for my scooby and it was the nuts it sounded awsome and looked good.

all id hav is a de cat system made in stainless tubeing as a certain size and then he would re make the back box by re welding some bigger pipes to it for the aggressive look.

but would i gain anything out of this or is it a waist of time. it would cost me the pipe which i can get cheap and thats it.

any help would be great

dan

Moved to Exhausts. :thumbs:

As for the question, the technical bods will be along shortly but as I understand it a sports exhaust will be freer flowing than OEM and were it not for the ECU would produce additional horses as a result. Some like the Nismo are designed to look good as well, other's don't have aesthetics as a priority. Lots of R&D goes into designing and testing these things and I would be most concerned at a welder "knocking one up" so to speak. I suspect you could end up with power loss or chavvy sound. At the very least with a decat you won't pass an MOT and will probably trigger the warning light on the dash.

Even one of the cheaper end aftermarket jobs would be preferable IMO.