350z Overheating!!! HELP!!!

Jimmy

Hey everyone,

I have a massive problem and would really appreciate your help.

My 350z '53'reg with the DE engine has started to overheat! It overheats when the car is idle/stationary but as soon as I drive off and doing 25mph+ then the temperature goes back to normal.

I read up a few threads on different forums regarding this problem and it indicates that the thermostat could be stuck on closed position which causes it to overheat whilst stationary.

I bought a Mishimoto thermostat and got it replaced by my mechanic who confirmed that indeed my old thermostat was seized up, but the overheating problem still remains even after replacing the thermostat.

I checked to see if the fans rotate and noticed one of the fan comes on with the A/C and the other rotates intermittently (my mechanic thinks one of the fan is not rotating fast enough to cool the engine down).

Could it be the fans or the thermostat switch?

I don't know if this information would help but prior to my car overheating it was parked for almost a month.

I really need to bring my beloved 350z back on the road with all the problems sorted.

Can anyone please help me with some advice or guidance? :(

Thanks in advance

Its your electric colling fans, if both don't come on when you turn on the air con? if not then you either need to replace them or have them cleaned and refurbed, its not an easy task to do right but can be done DIY, i used to offer a service doing this, i may have a spare fan motor left over from when i did this, i will have a look.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

Its your electric colling fans, if both don't come on when you turn on the air con? if not then you either need to replace them or have them cleaned and refurbed, its not an easy task to do right but can be done DIY, i used to offer a service doing this, i may have a spare fan motor left over from when i did this, i will have a look.

Thanks buddy, I'll wait for your reply.