Logging on difficulties

YHTM

I am able to log on using my PC but problems using my laptop.

I log on but I just get the log on screen again with the fields blank and cannot access member facilities - however the forum shows that I am logged on!!

Any ideas why that might be?

Guest prescience

You probably just need to delete the cookies associatd with 350z-uk and start again.

To do this initiate a search from Windows Explorer and search for *350z-uk* starting from your main drive (probably C drive)

You may need to change folder options (Tools->Folder Options->View) for these to be displayed, the ones you need to make sure are:

- Hidden Files and Folders .. check Show hidden files and folders

- Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files' (you may get a warning when doing this)

Having found the cookies (they will be in a folder like 'Temporary Internet Files'), just delete them. Typical name is :

cookie:'your login name on your computer'@350z-uk.com/

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don't store any cookies at all as I use CrapCleaner to erase them whenever the laptop starts up. However I did check for any 350Z ones on the system and there were none.

I disabled my Firewall but that didn't make any difference either. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if my kids didn't hog this machine all the time forcing me to use my laptop/wireless network!

Logging on did work until a few weeks ago but I don't want to use system restore as there are other changes I need to keep.

I still show up as being signed in but cannot post as I am asked to log in and it doesn't let me further.

Bit of a mystery really!!

Guest prescience

Yes it's puzzling.

One thing you could try is log out on 'this' machine and then choose the 'I forgot my password' option at the login screen on the laptop. This should send you a fresh password link in an e-mail which may unblock what is currently blocking your laptop.

Just a thought

I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address which you should read before trying this cos then if you get completely locked out, I can contact a Mod/Admin for you direct :teeth:

I tried resetting the password but no luck.

Further investigation shows that I am also having problems with Ccleaner, it was set to run automatically but hasn't been doing what It should. I uninstalled it but now cannot re-install it, constantly getting an error message. Given the original suggestion about the cookies it could well be that causing the problem. I'm going to solve the Ccleaner issue first then see what happens with logging on.

Thanks

Ive noticed recently that various things on my dads pc stopped working, for some reason the secutity settings of internet explorer had increased. Im guessing a recent update from MS did it.

May be worth checking your internet explorer security settings to see if they have increased and could be preventing the cookies and login scripts from doing their job.

I tried resetting the password but no luck.

Further investigation shows that I am also having problems with Ccleaner, it was set to run automatically but hasn't been doing what It should. I uninstalled it but now cannot re-install it, constantly getting an error message. Given the original suggestion about the cookies it could well be that causing the problem. I'm going to solve the Ccleaner issue first then see what happens with logging on.

Thanks

I have used ccleaner for ages with no problem, so doubt your problem lies there. :thumbs: