P2 to P3 service

lylesy

Put the 350z in for a service yesterday and the garage has done a p2 service when it was due a p3. I know the LSD oil has been changed coz that was something I said I wanted and he did as an extra but what else should have been done that won't have been? That's the only difference I can see in the service book

If he's followed the service schedule, then nothing. they are identical. Even the LSD oil should not have been changed as it specifies "except viscous coupling type", which is the 350Z. If you chose to change it anyway as an extra, then that's fine. Any other extras should be specified in addition at the required time/mileage intervals, irrespective of the type of service due, e.g. Plugs, Coolant.

It's a common source of confusion. Even Nissan garages charge different prices for a P2 and a P3, and will then tell you that they do this, that and the other extra. Thereby proving that they don't even follow the recommended service schedule themselves.

I wouldn't worry too much as long as he's covered all of the important stuff (oil, filters) most of it is just inspection. If your car has gone two or more years without changing the brake fluid, did he do that? It's listed as part of the P2/3.

Yh the brake fluid was done 6months ago so he checked it but that's fine he did the plugs and changed all the ancillary belts too. Sounds like everything's been done he's just put p2 and then listed the extra items seperatly. I just seen p2 in the book an thought that's not right