Bose to Kenwood Single Din Swap – Help Please

KosmiK

I want to swap my standard Bose head unit for a Kenwood Single Din I have lying around from my old car. The problem is it looks far more complicated than my old car, and I’m useless with this sort of thing.

I’ve got the Bose head unit out, and the Kenwood head units plugs on the back are completely different, and I’ve got no idea what’s meant to plug into where. Head Unit plugs shown in the attachment.

Can anyone tell me which adapters I’ll need to keep the steering wheel controls working, and anything else I’ll need? Single Din & Pocket Facia is about as far as I’ve got.

Will I need to do busters mod so it’s not quieter after the swap too?

I understand I won’t be able to use Bluetooth with my phone but that doesn't bother me, I just want to be able to plug my phone in, and don’t have the budget for a proper double din install.

post-18967-0-67206200-1396611337_thumb.jpg

You will need a fascia (50-229 Pre Facelift or 50-306 Post Facelift £24.99), harness adaptor including steering control interface (29-674 £34.99) and kenwood patch lead (29-005 £3.99) assuming your head unit supports steering wheel interface.