Battery replacement on JDM keyfob

Tackleberry

Had a search over a few topics on the forum referring to reprogramming keys and the differences with UK, JDM, and US models. However, can anyone confirm or deny that if i take my key to a shop for a new battery, that my keyfob will S**t its pants and stop working correctly leading me to perform witchcraft on the key to get it working again?

You will hear both sides of this story , I changed mine a month ago but I was wary about doing it as quick as possible some say that the battery needs to be replaced in x amount of seconds 30,20,10 you name it. The guy in the market I bought mine from agreed with the delay time of under 20secs. So did mine quickly and no problems. How ever I had a spare key ready just in case. I am sure others will have had a different experience.

Yeah some of the stuff is pretty inconsistent. I'm in the office just now and i suspect the battery died when i locked the car after parking. Guess its try and see! Unfortunately i only have the one key since buying the car a few years ago. So its all or nothing!