Pioneer head unit install help

skahigh

Hello, as mentioned in a previous thread I have just bought a Pioneer app radio and have also bought the ICT loom etc. that I need to replace the existing Bose head unit on my 57 plate zed.

Now all the bits have been delivered I am having a play with the cable to see how it all fits together and all seems to be going well bar one or two connections I'm not sure on.

IMG_0353.jpg

In the image above the blue and white cable labelled with A and B is part of head unit cabling and is labelled 'System Remote Control'. C is part of the ICT cabling and is labelled 'Amplifier Remote turn on'. D is attached to the aerial adapter that was supplied by ICT and is a bare end wire.

Regarding connecting B, the Pioneer manual states:

"The pin position of the ISO connector will differ depending on the vehicle type. Connect *6 (the left side of the connector B in the photo above) to *7 (the right side of the connector B in the photo above) when Pin 5 is an aerial control type. In other types of vehicles, never connect *6 and *7."

I've sort of been following the super guide in the stickies but Kenwood seems slightly more complicated than the Pioneer unit I have.

1. As per the quote from the manual above, is pin 5 (the solid blue wire in the ICT cabling) an aerial control type? Should I leave this connected as it is currently?

2. In the super guide in the stickies it is suggested that the amplifier remote turn on (C above) should be attached to a blue and white wire from the head unit, in my case should I be connecting this to A above?

3. Should D attach to A? If not, what should be done with D?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Jon

Hi Jon, I fitted a pioneer to our Zed recently.

The connections A, B, C need to be connected together, this will power your aerial amp and switch on command for the Bose amplifier.

I can't really see where D is coming from from in your picture but I guess it is probably for your steering controls interface?

Any questions give me a shout, I'll subscribe got he thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jon, I fitted a pioneer to our Zed recently.

The connections A, B, C need to be connected together, this will power your aerial amp and switch on command for the Bose amplifier.

I can't really see where D is coming from from in your picture but I guess it is probably for your steering controls interface?

Any questions give me a shout, I'll subscribe got he thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much.

Are you saying I need to attach A to C? I guess I could either cut the connector off C and solder them together or attach an equivalent connector to A.

The aerial adapter is plugged into the head unit on the far right, there is a black cable that comes out to the grey connector on the far right of the picture, D is then a bare ended blue wire which comes out of the grey connector. Any ideas what this is?

Reading the description of the aerial adapter on the ICT website it says "Also used as half of the cable needed when fitting an FM modulator."

Is the blue wire used to connect to an FM modulator and of no use to me?