Windows and central locking problems

daz-zn

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my windows not working at all, as in not coming up or down. is this a fuse issue or is the window motor dead. It's on both windows they both went down this am and now stuck there in that position??

The central locking doesnt work when I use the lock button from the inside, but when i use the remote it works.

Is there a fuse I can look for? I don't think it's possible for 2 motors to just stop at the same time??

Thank you in advance

Daz

It seems to be a intermittent problem... I took the panel off and wiggled all the wires under the switches and I managed to get them both up again in closed position...

I then went to town with the windows up when I parked folded the mirrors in and all was fine... When I returned and pressed the button to put the mirrors back out both windows wound Down them selves and are stuck there again??

Maybe it's a faulty switch cluster on the drivers door below the switches???

Have you tried to re calibrate the windows,

shut the doors, switch on the ignistion, push the button down for 15secs then pull it up for 15secs

I had a similar issue after disconnecting the battery

maybe worth disconnecting and re connecting the battery then giving it a bash

Edited by Richie-B

I just tried that Richie like you said the went down and up but still are not operating as they should...

I just had aftermarket sound installed so It could be that this has come about as they would have had the battery disconnected

I'm going to pop into my mates auto electrical shop next week and hope I get a answer... At least I know it's not motors

Cheers