Sat nav removal

AndyG8nby

With me being new to my z and not wanting to damage any trim I need to know how to remove a piece of trim. I have an 06 new style interior and the sat nav is the one with the joystick in the middle, there is a small piece of trim between the key pad and apparently this needs to be removed to access some screws I had a go the other night and it wouldn't just lift out! Any ideas? Cheers.

Hello,Theres a finisher trim at the top of the buttons i believe it should just pop out, i think the joystick console its held by 4 very tight sprung loaded clips, to help prevent damage put some cardboard just under the bit you are leaving from using a thin plastic wedge or flat blade screw driver, and carefully wiggle it out.... sorry to go off subject but is the joystick console you are removing going to be refitted? as i would be very interested in buying it from you :)

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it's staying in the reason I want it off is the plastic screen has some streaks on the back as if someone has cleaned it and liquid has got behind it, so me being fussy wants it sorting as the rest of the interior is spot on.

Quick update! The piece of trim did pop off all be it with quite a bit of force as it had some sticky foam along two edges! Removed centre console to get to sat nav which I removed and took apart to seperate screen, a bit of autosol and elbow grease later I have a nice shiny streak free sat nav screen! :-))

• 2 weeks later...