wheel bearing update

GT52

felt sure I had a wheel bearing problem,driving at 20 to 30 sounds like two metal surfaces grinding together and worse when braking, took car to nissan today for check, told nothing wrong just tyre noise, still find it hard to believe but time will tell thanks for help everybody

Ive got to take mine in too. Over 20 and up to about 35 you can hear a distinct knocking and feel it slightly through the front end. Certainly a knock in time with the rotation of a wheel, front drivers side I believe.

Checked the tyres out fully as there was speculation that it could be rumbling caused by feathering. (myself and Val trying to figure out what it was on holiday).

Ive yet to change the front wheel for a spare I have in the garage and check the tyres out in detail, but Im coming to the conclusion that its a bearing, and not a defect in either of the front tyres.

I think it happened when the front end hit some cave sized pot hole in Nice on the euro trip. :blush:

sorry don't know if the cupping/feathering was a problem on 17's

mine came with 17" originally and had the noise / feathering problem with the Bridgestones , put on a set of 18" with the Bridgestones and had the same problem :blush: