How good is the bluetooth car kit in the Z?

holtehero

Just working out what route i should take on this.

Either way i should be able to get a car kit without spending any of my money.

Now i realise the Z has the built in handsfree and i simply need to buy the bluetooth adaptor for approx £100.

However, i can get one of my Companies handfree kits installed via work and it won't cost me anything, i've been using a Nokia 616 for the last couple of years and whilst is not the most advanced it does everything i need

The question is whether its worth using the solution already built in or have a another fitted

Good points:

Tidy, built in

No problem syncing with most phones

Voice activation

Stereo muting

Steering wheel controls

Bad points:

You can't use existing voice tags on your phone and have to sit in the car and read to it all of the numbers you might ever wish to use

It regularly struggles to recognise the voice commands, particulary at motorway speeds (particularly with a NISMO - pardon! :dry: )

People tell me the sound quality is poor - apparently I sound like I'm in a well!

• 3 weeks later...

Built in one worked fine for me, changed my head unit now though and it doesn't work with an aftermarket head unit. So, if you are considering swapping out the stereo in the future, then get something else, if you are content with the standard setup then the Nissan one works well.

That reminds me, I have that thing somewhere around here, must dig it out and stick it on eBay!