CEL light keeps coming on - anyone near to Nottingham got an OBD II reader?

andyvvc

CEL light has come on three times in the last 800 miles. I've reset the ECU with the peddle-dance and it removes the light. But about 200 miles or driving later it comes back on again.

The last time this happened on my old Zed was when the Y pipe and exhaust were upgraded. The lambda was mis-reading and i believe this was a known 'quirk' of an exhaust upgrade. I *think* i had new or uprated lambdas fitted but i can't recall doh!

Newer Zed had Y pipe and exhaust fitted about 18 months ago so I'm a little baffled as to why the CEL is coming on now and not far sooner (if it is this that has caused it)

Ideally I'd like to plug the car into someone's laptop running Consult or an OBD II scanner and get the fault code - hopefully it's a minor issues such as lambda or air intake alert. The car had a full check while it was at Mitz's in Leicester and had no errors reported back then (a few months ago) so I'm hopeful it is just a minor issue like failing lambda etc.

Any help appreciated - happy to drive over to a location near-ish to Nottingham/Grantham way to save an OBD II owner the trouble of leaving their garage :)

Cheers!

Edited by andyvvc

I used the pedal-dance to tell me (in flashes) what the error code is... as best I can make out, its 11 quick flashes, then 10 quick flashes, then 3 quick flashes....before the code is ended with two much slower flashes. Sooo.... using the link to the 'error codes' on this forum I think this works out as error code - P1103 MAP Sensor Heater (11 flashes, 10 flashes =0, 3 flashes....11 0 3). I'm now off to work out what one of these is! :wacko:

OK - looks like the OBD II generic code is a "MAF sensor fault" or similar.. http://www.micro-tronik.com/faultcodes/obdiifaultcode_p1103.html

The link mentions the following (as generic unless altered by the vehicle manufacturer):

Possible failure of OBD II Fault code P1103

• MAF Sensor output failure
  • Intake Air leak
  • EGR Valve Actuator Position Stuck

I believe EGR valves are turbo-related? Which would leave me with a possible intake air leak or MAF sensor that needs a clean or is on it's way out....?

Edited by andyvvc