Fitting a Kenwood Double Din to replace a BOSE in 05 roadster

JamesRo

Hi, I have been reading thread after thread on this and unfortunately admit I still don't understand it. I have fitted a few stereos before, but this seems to be overly complicated and expensive. I keep seeing it stated that I must get the proper adapter which seems to cost £30-40 to use with the BOSE system but also I see the buster mod which seems to do away with the additional phono leads in the kit and revert to what looks like the cheap kit. I don't have any steering controls (apart from cruise control) or Bluetooth. For some reason I cant start a new paragraph on this forum so sorry about the wall of text. The BOSE unit has 3 sockets on the back but its seems I only need 2 of them? I am looking at buying this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT20NS03-Nissan-350Z-05-Car-Stereo-Radio-ISO-Harness-Adaptor-Wiring-/251307201998?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item3a831395ce instead of this type http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celsus-AIS2260-Nissan-Audio-System/dp/B000TNTTHI and then I can graft on either phono leads or buster mod it onto speaker outputs. Am I missing something or is this possible? It just seems mad that the extra phono leads bump the kit up to £30 from £3 unless there is a bigger difference I cant see. I can take pictures of my stereo or connectors if needed.

Make sure the ISO plugs are the right ones for your head unit and it ought to be OK (ISO's are not universal - as I discovered when changing my head unit - same situation as you). I got a used adaptor from someone who had used it in his 'Z but I had to do a fair bit of research and soldering to get the leads right, that said it worked first time, after I read on this forum that it needs a separate earth installing ( I see on the unit you are looking at on Ebay there is an earth lead added). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251334534122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (link to the adaptor I bought).

It all went ok so I thought I'd add a picture or 2 to help someone else save a few quid. If you don't have steering wheel controls you don't need the expensive adaptor and as a bonus the buster mod is already done on the cheap adaptor. The only mods I had to do were add the amp remote wire and I added a ground although I don't think I even needed to that but it was recommended here. I still don't seem to be able to arrange anything on this forum so excuse the block of text and random photos. You can see the black wire I added to the pink wire no.12 in the diagram, I just shaved it and wrapped it around, worked perfectly and very loud!

Connects2 CT20NS03 Nissan 350Z 05> Car Stereo Radio ISO Harness Adaptor Wiring total cost delivered and fitted £2.99

20131112_144455.jpg20131112_141659.jpgISO-350zwiring.jpg

Edited by JamesRo