NISMO exhaust system

eatonm90

Second hand systems come up every now and again, but like TomLum says, they get snapped up relatively quickly.

I'll be more than happy to assist you with a new system if you decide to go down that route or if you're open to other options I also have the Invidia Gemini exhaust in stock. :thumbs:

I've got one on mine, had it since April. They do sound gorgeous but they are a bit louder than I expected. I have thought about changing it for a milltek but it's too much money to loose.

Do you get any cabin noise from it on long drives, don't really want it to be intrusive when on the motorway but when comparing them on you tube it does sound nice.

You get a surprising amount of cabin noise. The main reason I went for the nismo exhaust was because the reviews said there was very little drone. When cruising on the motorway at a constant speed, the noise is about equal to the road/tyre roar but the second you accelerate (even slowly) it is very loud and seems to be as it's loudest in the cabin from 1800-3500 rpm.

Thanks for the info, may have to look at other options again.. :wacko:

to be honest, most aftermarket systems will have some form of cabin drone, that's part and parcel with wanting more noise. You could match an exhaust system with removable bungs, they are normally around £15 each and do a lot to keep noise down. Chuck them in when you want quiet and take them out when you want noise. It's probably best if you met up with some other owners and compare. Most people will only be too happy to help you decide.

You get a surprising amount of cabin noise. The main reason I went for the nismo exhaust was because the reviews said there was very little drone. When cruising on the motorway at a constant speed, the noise is about equal to the road/tyre roar but the second you accelerate (even slowly) it is very loud and seems to be as it's loudest in the cabin from 1800-3500 rpm.

Are you sure there isn't a hole in your exhaust? I don't get any drone with my Nismo system.....the sound is just when you hit the pedal, which is what you want.

Edited by Steve 350z

Are you sure there isn't a hole in your exhaust? I don't get any drone with my Nismo system.....the sound is just when you hit the pedal, which is what you want.

I'm sure, it was brand new, imported from the USA and fitted from new to my car in March/April this year. A forum member fitted it for me with a little help from me and Abbey checked it over just 2 months ago. No holes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...