A10, between Ware & Puckeridge...

chubbster

Went out in the dark last night to try my new rear tyres. Joined the A10 at Ware, travelling north. As I came off the slip road I immediately overtook a vehicle on the dual carriageway that turned out to be a grey/silver 350z (it was dark - didn't realise it was a Z until I was going past it). He/she must have seen me too, because he increased speed and overtook me. We pootled along for a couple of miles until I had to turn around to come home, but in that short time he rekindled my love of the 350z - that car looked soo solid on the road - and its acceleration matched mine easily. Don't know if it was a stock car or tuned, but it was an '04. Really nice motor. If only Nissan had improved the interior of the 350z I'd still have one.

Was it you?

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: ...

Yes they did upgrade (slightly) the interior from 2006 onwards and the 370Z is completely different, so get one and enjoy.

you didn't say what you were driving... :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome.

A million apologies - forgot to mention my car. I currently have a 2010 370z, having upgraded from my lovely Ebisu 350z (56plate) 2 years ago, which in turn had replaced my Gunmetal 350z ('53 plate, bought back in 2004, soon after they'd just come out. God, I've been driving them for nearly 10 years - time flies!). So, thanks for the suggestion, but I probably won't be buying another 350z in the near future, sadly (I love them, but the interior's just too dated). The only reason I'm sticking with the 370 for now is that I'm getting old and the creature comforts of its interior suit my advancing years. Currently sitting and waiting to see what the 370z replacement will be...

I'd still like to know if the guy I saw last night was local to me - he seemed to know the road and also seemed to have a similar love of Z cars.

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: ...

Yes they did upgrade (slightly) the interior from 2006 onwards and the 370Z is completely different, so get one and enjoy.

you didn't say what you were driving... :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome.

A million apologies - forgot to mention my car. I currently have a 2010 370z, having upgraded from my lovely Ebisu 350z (56plate) 2 years ago, which in turn had replaced my Gunmetal 350z ('53 plate, bought back in 2004, soon after they'd just come out. God, I've been driving them for nearly 10 years - time flies!). So, thanks for the suggestion, but I probably won't be buying another 350z in the near future, sadly (I love them, but the interior's just too dated). The only reason I'm sticking with the 370 for now is that I'm getting old and the creature comforts of its interior suit my advancing years. Currently sitting and waiting to see what the 370z replacement will be...

I'd still like to know if the guy I saw last night was local to me - he seemed to know the road and also seemed to have a similar love of Z cars.

I'm not a million miles from you. I'm in N11. :thumbs: