Knocking noise, more info

ddcboyle

So i posted a few months back about a knocking noise coming from the front of the car when i went over any form of bump. It comes from the front, it sounds like its coming centrally from the front.

I have tried left foot braking and it sort of goes away but nothing that i can confirm.

I found out this week that, if the car is going down the hill forward, and i put my foot on the brake, it makes the noise... But if i go backwards down the hill, it makes no noise.

The noise is like a grabbing noise or thumping noise.

So the two times i hear it is: over any sort of bump in the road, and when im going forward down a hill and touch the brake pedal.

Any ideas now?

I have this, and think it may be the ARB links.

I have adjustable ARB links and the nuts seemed to be loose which would explain a knock over bumps etc.

Once tightened this went away (or so I thought) and has since come back So ill be doing it again and doing a proper job to see if it solves it.

Little knocking noises like that usually are anti roll bar drop links. So definately worth a look at them.

Could be the brake pads moving slightly when applied? Maybe they havent got the correct shims for the pads or no shims at all causing them to move slightly? (doesnt explain the going over bumps noise)