TCS button not working, any ideas why?

Jared350z

Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a 2003 Zed Import and I'm pretty sure the TCS button doesn't work as the light doesn't come on below the rev counter. I really want to get this fixed as I'm not a fan of the traction control kicking in when it feel like. Its more fun know I have full control of the car and that the ECU isn't making choices for me.

So if anyone could help me out before I start searching all over the web to find answers from idiots, I'd much rather listen to guys that know what they are taliking about.

Thank yoooooou

Maybe just a faulty button, does the TCS or slip lights ever flash up if you are a little over enthusiastic?

Nothing comes up on the dash which is making me think it could be a bulb issue or the switch. the traction control just kicks in as I can feel it, but no warning lights.

When you first turn the key on, do the TCS OFF and SLIP lights illuminate briefly? This will tell you if the lights work. If they check OK, see if the TCS OFF switch is actually connected. I know of one case where it wasn't.