High level rear brake light removal.

Nick350z

Hi gang. I've done a search and couldn't find anything on this. Does anyone know how to remove the said brake light? I ask because I have watermarks/dirt between the brake light and the inside of the rear screen and want to take it off so I can clean it. I can't see any obvious screws holding it in, and don't want to risk snapping it off.

Thanks in advance.

Figured it out! A quick guide for anyone wanting to do the same.

1. To remove the piece of tailgate trim that is covering the base of the brake light 'shield' I simply raised it on one side with a plastic scraper thing I have (to avoid damaging the trim piece) so that I could get my fingers around it, then lifted it away. It is attached with four plastic clips and comes away quite easily with a little bit of force.

2. Unscrew the 4 screws that are holding the shield in place then gently pull it away from the glass as it is also attached with a couple of clips.

3. Clean whatever needs cleaning, pop shield back into place, put screws back in and then line up and replace the tailgate trim piece ( I had to smack it a bit with the palm of my hand to get the clips to go back in).

It is literally a 5 minute job and if I'd have known how easy it was I'd have done it ages ago!