Aftermarket Components up front

mrchic

Hi Guys

I've got a choice of components im planning on using up front.

I have taken the door card of briefly to look at the current speaker setup, and was wondering how i would wire in my new crossovers to run the Woofers and tweeters.

Is there already a crossover somewhere, or does the tweeter get its signal via the woofer wiring.

There would need to be a full range signal coming from the HU i would've thought?

ideally i would use new wiring from an amp, but was hoping to use existing wiring interim

Hope im making sense :wacko:

I believe the bose tweeter takes a full signal from the same wiring as the woofer but has a inline filter on the back of the tweeter.

I always use new wiring so that i can upgrade the wiring and convert back to stock with ease.

If your planning on running the Bose amp then in not sure how that will work or sound as the Bose system uses 1-2 ohm speakers where as most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm.

Arh, my plan to start with upgrading the front Speakers might be flawed then, yes i read the speakers are 1 ohm and not the standard 4 ohm.

So if i started with the head unit upgrade first, that is going to have issues also as the amps are used to a lower input?

I would love to do a full upgrade, just don't have the budget at the moment.