Replaced my Sidelights

mrchic

Just replaced my sidelights for LED, as one had blown.

It was quite fiddly but my main issue was the 2 bolts joining the bumper to the wheel arch liner were corroded and stuck to the clips which then just span round.

One side actually only had one bolt, as the other was missing as part of the wheel liner missing, so a bit of a mess underneath but not bad enough any of it to be loose.

maybe this is common due to age, i've sprayed WD on the bolts, and will probably try and replace the ones i can.

I have not tried removing the other bolts under the bumper, but i have a feeling they might be a bugger to get off.

Anyone else had this issue, as i need to get bumper off at some point to fit my new mesh

Cheers

Hi

Have just done my led sidelight upgrade and I did not have to remove any bolts to do it?/ Just 3 pop in plastic clips and 1 phillips screw which gave me easy access by just moving front shield from under rear shield and bending to one side..lots of room.The hardest part was putting back the sidelight with led as it is longer than a bulb and the wiring is not over generous on length..but managed it. Light is really bright..Great..Also re-greased seals to main/headlight bulb access cover whilst under there!

JohnUKVetteNut

I had this problem i just ragged the plastic liner off and put new clamps in when i re fitted it think alex sells replacement liners aswell if there shagged

Will have to do that i reckon, might be able to get them off by holding the clip with pliers and trying to remove.

Cable ties is an option to secure.

Hi

Have just done my led sidelight upgrade and I did not have to remove any bolts to do it?/ Just 3 pop in plastic clips and 1 phillips screw which gave me easy access by just moving front shield from under rear shield and bending to one side..lots of room.The hardest part was putting back the sidelight with led as it is longer than a bulb and the wiring is not over generous on length..but managed it. Light is really bright..Great..Also re-greased seals to main/headlight bulb access cover whilst under there!

JohnUKVetteNut

Glad you managed it, yes the led is longer, quite fiddly to twist and pull them in and out.

No cut fingers though,