Anyone know any nice hotels in Santorini?

Digsy

Digsy,

Me and the gf are going island hopping around the Cyclades for a fortnight at the end of August/beginning of September. We've booked flights to Athens and we're just gonna jump on a boat and sort everything out when we get there. Flew in and out of Santorini one year we went to Naxos. It's a beautiful island. Greece kicks ass.

Hi Digsy,

I was in Santorini in September last year. fabulous place , you will have a great time. We stayed in the South but OIU in the North ( I think that was how it was spelt) was FANTASTIC. I took a picture of the place I would stay in if we go back :-

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

have a good one

mark

Hi Digsy,

I was in Santorini in September last year. fabulous place , you will have a great time. We stayed in the South but OIU in the North ( I think that was how it was spelt) was FANTASTIC. I took a picture of the place I would stay in if we go back :-

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

have a good one

mark

Thanks Mark. :)

Stuggling with those links though!

Any other tips? Fancy going at the beginning of September. :sun:B)

know some excellent places to eat Digsy. Can give you the details

Stayed there a couple of years ago. Some of the best sunsets in the world. Oia is lovely and a bit more relaxed than Fira the capital Fira buit still is very nice with plenty of shops. No real sandy beaches but there is a couple of black sandy beaches. You need to where something on ya feet on these as they burn ya feet. Hiring a car is worhtwhile but as public transport is a bit unreliable and soemtimes doesn't turn up. Taxis are no probs.

We stayed in Kamari. Which was 15 mins by taxi from Fira.

Know of some great places to eat. Hotel Rivari in Kamari is where I stay and the gf goes back there every year. http://www.rivari.gr/ If you book direct they'll pick you up from the airport and drop you back there. Not to mention give you a good deal on the room prices! Five min walk to Kamari beach which is nice and laid back. Can get the 1 euro bus to Thira (Fira) or a taxi was only about 5 euros I think. Oia is nice but not overly much there. If you go into Thira town in the evenings the caldera view restaurants are pretty reasonable, but the bars cost a fortune. 12 euros for a Martini - I took a picture of that one! :scare:

Overall the best Greek island I've been to. Lively in Thira as it's a main cruise port, relaxed in Kamari (even has it's own bar strip if you want it) and have never had a bad meal there. :)