S5 or RS4

P19DRO

I have just had this same decision, test drove an RS4 and v8 M3 last month and I was put off by the RS4 bucket seats and the fact it felt slow/flat below about 5K RPM? Test drive MPG was 14.2 and IMO i was not pushing the at all.

I would drive them both and see as for me the RS4 was a let down as i did love them :(

Why did the bucket seats put you off dj - aesthetics or comfort? Wonder if the one you drove had a coked up intake?

I'm in the same boat at the OP, currently thinking about getting an S4 or 335i wagon. Depending on available funds due to an impending bank account haemorrhage this might be reduced to an Octavia vRS (!!) or upgraded to an RS4 / E60 M5.

The RS4 is a heap more dedicated than the S4, but how much you can appreciate this 'driving value' on a daily basis is debateable. The fact that they both consume low 20's is a nod in the RS4's favour but clearly maintenance costs will be more. Don't forget the expense of de-coking the intake every 10K-ish miles.

In true Audi style, neither the S5 (and S4) aren't particularly focused (weight and understeer) they both sound awesome though :)