aerial amp wire

dazzer-b

hi,

when replacing my stereo the other day i found a black wire that came up with the aerial cable. it had a brown plug on the end of it and from there went off with a green and white cable into an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for my pioneer stereo,

i have now installed a new sony stereo, (which is awesome btw) but wanted to test it worked ok before putting it in the dash, so i plugged all the harnesses in and nothing!! i then traced the earth wire which ended up going to nothing as it looked like the 350z wiring didnt provide an earth down that harness, i then did a continuity test between that black cable with a brown plug on it and the metal work and i got continuity, i therefore connected this onto the stereos earth wire which then made some noises from the stereo but didnt turn it on, i then eventually put the aerial in and wollah!!!! everything worked.

i put everything back together job done, the radio has a very poor reception and after reading a few posts on here, i believe that black wire with a brown plug that i used as my earth is in fact an aerial amp wire and that the aerial itself gives me the earth i need.

as that black wire originally wired into my bluetooth adapter on my old pioneer unit, i still dont know really where i should of connected it,

Does anybody know if this should be joint onto my new sony wiring harness and if so what colour cable should i be looking for?

thanks guys