SAT NAV SCREEN BLEMISHES ON A 2006 FACELIFT Z

rickoshay

I have the factory fitted sat nav system ( new version with no black plastic cover ), When the sun shines on my Sat nav screen, I notice that there is a small area in the middle of the screen which is blemished as if it needs a bit of a clean but its not on the outside surface but on the back surface of this screen! Perhaps there has been some moisture penetration behind this screen!

I was wondering whether this plastic screen was just a cover over the actual sat nav unit screen and if so can be removed and cleaned, or is it part of the sat nav unit. I do not want to dismantle the centre console only to find I can not get at the back of this plastic screen!!

If it is a separate screen which can be cleaned on both sides, do I need to do a full centre console dismantle to get at it!?

I would imagine it is sealed to the unit unfortunately but i don't have the nav. I do have a nav cubby and the unit sits flush to it so that why I think it would be a sealed unit, is it a touch screen?

Your only hope might be that someone has put a protective cover on it like a phone but thats unlikey....

Hope I'm wrong as like I say I don't even have the nav...