Help! ,problems with sound system

nathanbounce

Rite where do i start.well i have recentely bought an 07 350z import.i was told when i purchased it that it had all the extras like full bose,reverse cam,blutooth,sat nav ect,which to look at it all seemed to be true but i never tested.Then my problems started.After owning the car for very little time i had do disconect the battery to carry out some work,not realising i didnt have the pin for radio.This ended up with me going to my dealer to get it unlocked and once i started using the system i soon realised there were problems.First of all i realised the car had two dvd sat navs behind the rear seats,both have power but only one is conected to front screen for nav which i can get all the options up but there no gps active.i also realised that the sound on this system was apauling and decided to investigate.After spending some hours pulling my car apart,i realised that the two rear speakers and sub wernt working,so i removed only to find that the sub was not even conected with no wires there to support.and the rear speakers were not bose at all.I then went to the rear of the car were the bose amp is meant to be ,only to find a load of boxes with clarion writen all over them and a lot of wires????

I then started to assume iv been blagged by the seller,so i decided to remove the head unit which is also made by clarion for a closer look at things.This is were it gets messy.There were a mass of wires and harnesses conecting the 2 dvd navs together,also a lot of wires for a parrot hands free.everything just seemed to be a mess and i can understand why the two sat nav units are runing but only one is conected to the screen.???Apart from all this nothing really works anyway.The reverse cam does not work,the parrot has power but doesnt work, If i press my phone button on my steering wheel i get a women shouting in jap at me lol.The sound on the head unit is very poor with only front speakers working.All this mass of wires and nothing seems to work properly.Has anyone else had problems with and import and sound system who could possibly help??? :It is starting to fry me lol bang:

Seeing as it was an Import maybe the original Nav was Japanese and a 2nd Unit was installed in English :shrug: That would explain 2 units the previous owner must have not been ar$ed to take the old one out.

Also maybe the car was originally non Bose and someone fitted the sub & speakers then realised there was no amp....

You could sort everything out but I personally wouldn't bother, new HU, new amp, new Speakers & Sub you will be looking at £1,000+ though all depends how much you like your sound system :band:

Thats what i thought.I have the bose head unit ,which is made by clarion and i have the bose sub,but all other speakers are non branded and look nasty.Aint all the loom for non bose different?does anyone know how the rear view cam works because i can that the lead for it runs into a load of clarion box of tricks in the boot of the car and then goes off to the dvd unit that aint conected. is there any way i can get this working?

Thats what i thought.I have the bose head unit ,which is made by clarion and i have the bose sub,but all other speakers are non branded and look nasty.Aint all the loom for non bose different?does anyone know how the rear view cam works because i can that the lead for it runs into a load of clarion box of tricks in the boot of the car and then goes off to the dvd unit that aint conected. is there any way i can get this working?

can anyone tell me if im right in saying,if i do not have the bose amp and speakers instaled on my car,then the bose headunit that has been installed will have a negative effect on the sound quality of the speakers in the car because the head unit is suppose to be running through an amp?The unit has to be turned up all the way just to get hearable volume?

That sounds about right to me, the bose amp runs on a very very low signal I think someone has tried and failed to upgrade a non bose to bose unfortunately and feck knows what has gone on with the satnav :wacko:

I would just get a half decent HU and plumb that into your existing speakers and sub, see how it sounds then upgrade further if needed :surrender:

I think that will be my plan.new headunit ,some decent speakers all round ,can i run the bose sub off a small amp anyone know?Also does anyone know how to get my reverse cam working on the nav monitor, I dont think it works anymore because the sat nav unit as been changed for a uk version