Idle Revs & question

sjcdeans

Approx what revs should my zed (2004) be at when it starts from cold (when i mean cold around 10 degrees outside temp)

Mines seems to idle at around 1500 and stays there for a good 3-4 mins then sits just above 1k.

Is this normal? or should i clean the throttle body?

My dad had a similar issue with his murano (original model), however never knew we had to do some idle reset thingy, do u have to do this with the zed? Think it was some relearn procedure?

After cleaning his throttle body it would rev high to 1.5k for about 30 secs then drop to 1.2k the sit around 750k after 2 mins?

So not sure if this is normal for a zed or me being over paranoid.

Thanks for help

It should sit a little below 1krpm. You could clean the throttle body as it may be dirty but it won't affect the idle. But when you touch the throttle body it's the same procedure to reset the idle aswell as the throttle body. You need to do the throttle body reset then the learn idle air pedal dance. :thumbs:

I'm sure someone will put a link up with the procedures.

:thumbs:

Do you have the air con on?? That will raise the revs to around 1000rpm anyway.

Mine does this, I thought it was perfectly normal tbh?? Every car I've owned has idled a bit high when starting from cold cold. Only last til its warmed up then settles to a normal 800rpm-ish with air con off, and 1000rpm with air con on.