Bypass Seat Switch??

Mickeywheelspin

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, my passenger seat switch is knackered with the seat fully forward. I've ordered a new one but it may not arrive in time for my buyer to collect the car. He's ok with this so long as I send the switch when it comes in and get the seat back to a reasonable position. I've called three Nissan dealers to see if they will bypass the switch for me but they all said it cant be done.

I found a guide which essentially says unplug the motor, apply neutral to one side, +12V to the other and hey presto - If the seat goes the wrong way, reverse the polarity. Has anyone tried this? Problem is it relies on getting a +12V supply from somewhere - probably the cigarette lighter.

I was planning to access the connector under the seat which has four terminals (Neutral, +12, Back, Forward) and simply short out the +12 and back connectors. Is there a control unit / relay for the seats which could be damaged or would the worst I can do be to blow the fuse?

Logic says that it's just a rocker switch so shorting it out should be no different to flicking the switch, but don't want to risk anything a couple of days before selling the car.

Thanks,

Mike