grumbling noise from the drive - when hot!

Finstella

Hello,

I went down to the Goodwood festival of speed last week from Norwich. it was fantastic...petrol, burning rubber, noise, v8's, beer and scantily clad women (the WD 40 girls were stunning, i wonder if my mrs will wear a WD40 catsuite!).................I AM GOING NEXT YEAR.

Sadly when I arrived (4 hours after departing Norwich) and was driving low speeds through Portsmouth i heard a grumbling from the drive at the rear. this sounded like the drive was full of gravel. Fingers crossed, i parked up and hoped that when everything had cooled down, that it would dissapear like magic by the next day!

Luckily the next morning, it had and was smooth and sound. Also the return journey to Norwich went without noise or incident!

My question is this............Does the forum think that it was probably the rear diff hot and bothered and could do with a little more grease?!? or is the census, that it may well be something a little more "interesting"

Your thoughs gentlefolk of knowledge?

Fin :drive1

Hello,

I went down to the Goodwood festival of speed last week from Norwich. it was fantastic...petrol, burning rubber, noise, v8's, beer and scantily clad women (the WD 40 girls were stunning, i wonder if my mrs will wear a WD40 catsuite!).................I AM GOING NEXT YEAR.

Sadly when I arrived (4 hours after departing Norwich) and was driving low speeds through Portsmouth i heard a grumbling from the drive at the rear. this sounded like the drive was full of gravel. Fingers crossed, i parked up and hoped that when everything had cooled down, that it would dissapear like magic by the next day!

Luckily the next morning, it had and was smooth and sound. Also the return journey to Norwich went without noise or incident!

My question is this............Does the forum think that it was probably the rear diff hot and bothered and could do with a little more grease?!? or is the census, that it may well be something a little more "interesting"

Your thoughs gentlefolk of knowledge?

Fin :drive1

A touch of WD40 may help ;);)