OBDII code 2001

sebo-z

Hi All, today I tried the manual method of checking the engine codes, so as per ECU reset procedure i played with the stopwatch and the acceleration pedal, and I think it worked well, except that results are a bit of a mystery to me... What I got were 2 long blinks, then 10 short ones, again 10 short ones, and then 1 short. After that it starts again, so 2 long ones, 10 short ones etc... So can anybody tell me if I'm right saying it's a P2001 code, if so what does it mean?I could'n find anything on the web, maybe someone here has got a complete list of error codes for 350z? I'm thinking of completing the reset procedure, but could that have any "side effects"? And would 2001 error still be there after the ECU reset? Car works just fine, I bough it 2 months ago (UY GT4 #123/176 - loooove it :yahoo: ), don't really have any problems, it recently had the P3 service done, everything seems to be ok. I've got the clicking CV joint problem to sort out, but afaik that's got nothing do to with OBDII codes. I don't want to dig to deep, because "if it ain't broken-don't fix it", hehe. But still it would be nice to know for sure if it's something to worry about... Any ideas?

I haven't compared, but I think the difficulty is interpreting the flashes of the MIL, and not missing any blinks. The cable and laptop just show the code in the application window, so there is no interpretation problem! I'd be very happy to read it for you if you were able to get to Wimborne (I presume yours is a UK car).

An alternative is to do the 'pedal dance' method again and video the MIL flashes then post it up here - somebody may be able to help decipher it for you.