Malfunction Indicator Light

onthatB0MBSHELL

Hi All,

Got my Zed on Sunday,

Had been lying unused for the past year, the previous owner purchased a GTR,

anyway..i sent it in for a mini valet to get rid of the years worth of dirt build up but after coming back i notice

the malfunction light is staying on(steady not flashing) any ideas what this could be?

the engine was cleaned, but not sure how it was cleaned,thinking it could be water or a sensor issue :shrug:

any help appreciated.

Are you trying to read the code or reset the ecu? If your just resetting it and the light is coming back on then I'd suggest you need to read the code to troubleshoot. It's tricky to get the peddle dance right, keep trying. A search on here will give you a table for what the codes mean. If your stuck do you know anyone with an Obd2 code reader? I can get hold of one but I won't be anywhere near dungannon till the end of next week, if your still struggling then I can meet you.

R.

Hi Rob,

I came to the conclusion that there was no error code, think i got the pedal dance right.

so i just reset the ECU and the light is now out, think the guy that valeted the car caused the prob as when i phoned him about it he said the lead was loose on the battery.

Thanks for the offer of help though, very much appreciated.

Nice to see members on this side of the pond on here also.

Oh, by the way do you know any good detailers in our neck of the woods?

:thumbs:

So the EML light having come on go off and sometimes blink over the past week,i took it to Nissan,

fault diagnosis Multi cylinder Misfire.

my car has 75K on clock and i dont think the plugs have ever been changed,

nissan service manager said it could be plugs or water caused by my Valet.

have notice her a bit lumpy while accelerating especially when in 6th gear and under 2,5k revs.

nissan also give her a good look over and presented me with an estimate of £548.08 :headhurt: for work needing done.

Think i need to :pmzmanalex:

Any opinions on the error code?