Throttle Position Relearn Pain

Posidrive

I cleaned the throttle body yesterday. Nowhere near as bad as some pictures I've seen but there was a bit of buildup around the edges that I think was giving a slightly wobbley idle. Also put a can of 10kBoost though here and was surprised not to see any crap come out of the exhaust. Perhpas the tankfull of BG44K a couple of weeks ago did most of the same thing.

But, she is now idling at 1000 rppm and I just can't get the peddle dance to reset the throttle position learning to work. I can get the engine ECU reset to work OK 3 times in 4 but this one is doing my head in. Are there any other tricks?

900 is the norm with aircon on

That's intriging. I always have the aircon turned on and have always had an idle between 750 and 800 rpm. Looks like the throttle body clean may have improved things:) Will see what its down to by the time I get home tonight.

Anyone know how long it normally takes for the ECU to settle down after a reset?

That's intriging. I always have the aircon turned on and have always had an idle between 750 and 800 rpm. Looks like the throttle body clean may have improved things:) Will see what its down to by the time I get home tonight.

Anyone know how long it normally takes for the ECU to settle down after a reset?

my error, 700 with aircon on, although some members have posted 900

I eventually managed to get the peddel dance to work and the revsa drops a bit to about 850 but this still seems a tad high. The other odd thing is when coming to a halt at traffic lights the revs drop as expected until I reach a stop and press the clutch then then shot up to about 1400-500 before dropping back to 850.

One thing that comes to mind is that I had a pig of a job trying to get the clip in the right place on the pipe that connects the air intake pipe (MAD to throttle body) to the rocker cover (PCV hose). If air is leaking here would that cause this sort of problem?

Read a year or two ago on an American site that it takes to the following day (no evidence though) but certainly there is a form of adjustment and resettlement if its setting have to relearn.