Bose "press eject" error???

Joeycuz

Hi,

After recently carrying out the Bose iPod hack I've came across a problem.

I followed the guide and when I went to play music it was all fine and worked perfectly. But when I got in the car this morning that "press eject" message came up.

I've tried to hold the button in with the ignition off dozens of times but can't seem to fix it.

Will disconnecting the battery help??

It's doing my head in so someone please advise :)

I had similar problems which appeared to be linked to the cassette carriage having seized through lack of use (I guess!). Even though I had removed the arm to fool the system into thinking the unit was loaded. Either way, freeing it up and ensuring that it is in the play position appears to be key. Others have poked with pencils or loaded old cassettes to engage the carriage. I would check this out first. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I have this error too... but mine is related to the CD player... I have 6 CD's loaded up.. and none play or eject... The unit asks me to press eject and nothing happens when I do.

Any ideas before I surgically remove the CD's without the use of any anesthetic!

I have this error too... but mine is related to the CD player... I have 6 CD's loaded up.. and none play or eject... The unit asks me to press eject and nothing happens when I do.

Any ideas before I surgically remove the CD's without the use of any anesthetic!

Mines just done the exact same thing grrrr. Removed 2 CDs to add 2 new CDs I bought, added the 2 new ones and bam lol. Won't play or eject anything :( !

Looks like removal and strip down is needed :( ! Glad I have the iPod hack otherwise I'd be screwed lol :uzi:

Just having trouble tracking down the required adaptor loom (as mentioned in the how too guides...) I can find the loom to connect the new head unit (via the pre outs + ISO) to the Bose amp, but it doesnt appear to do the steering wheel controls too...